The recyclable and compostable card body is made from plant-based bioplastics, which can be incinerated without emission of toxic fumes. The Amsterdam-based company says it also supplied SFR with packaging made from recycled paper and plant-based inks and SFR will begin distribution of the bio-sourced SIM cards to its customers this spring. This program is the first trial of bio-sourced cards in the world.
Worth noting is Gemalto’s effective tactics of incorporating environmental sustainability into the product’s value proposition. From the company’s website, here is a list of the product’s Operator Benefits and End-User Value:
- Security: Ensuring SIM card safety
- Eco-friendly: Fully committed to environmental protection
- Brand: the perfect company brand and image booster
- Competitive: Improving cost saving packaging solutions
- Peace of mind: Gemalto manages complex logistic processes
- Security guaranteed to the access of the PIN and PUK code
- Simplified end user access and understanding to maximize the use of mobile services
- 2nd life for your product with re-usable packaging and card body: the gift concept!